Code of Conduct for Riverine Plains Inc (the association)
- I agree to act honestly and in good faith and in the best interests of the association as a whole in my capacity as member or affiliate.
- I will make every effort to ensure that my conduct is above reproach in the view of reasonable fair minded and informed persons.
- I will uphold the values of the organisation, those being respect, integrity, innovation, diligence and connection in my capacity as member or affiliate.
- I understand and will act accordingly in demonstrating a duty of care to other members or affiliates of the association at association run events and initiatives.
- I agree to use the powers of the organisation for proper purpose, in the best interests of the association.
- I will not make improper use of information acquired as a member or affiliate of this organisation.
- I will abide by the Riverine Plains Sexual Harrasment and Discrimination policy
- I will not take improper advantage of the position of member.
- I will properly declare, where appropriate, any conflicts of interest I have with the association.
- I will not behave in a way that undermines the objects of the association in accordance with section 3 of the constitution.
- Confidential information received pertaining to details of the association will be kept just so.
- I will not engage in any conduct that is likely to bring the association’s name and reputation into disrepute.
- I will always comply, with the spirit and principles of this organisation as well as the letter of the law.
- If engaged in a formal complaints process through the organisation, I commit to performing duties required to resolve the complaint within 1 month.
As a member of Riverine Plains Inc (the association), I agree to the code of conduct and understand that upon contravention of any of the above, I can, upon decision by the board, have my membership revoked.