Please be aware that due to current recommendations and changing situation with COVID-19, events may be postponed or cancelled at short notice. Please check our website, or with the organiser prior to attending.
NSW farmers aged 18-40 are invited to two free farm business workshops hosted by Riverine Plains Inc.
The workshops are part of a series aiming to improve the access of young farmers to better business information and will focus on financial literacy and farm business principles.
The first workshop, Understanding the farm business financial position, will be held on Thursday 19 March, 2020 from 1pm-5pm at the Riverine Plains Inc office, Mulwala, NSW. This workshop will include:
- Understanding & creating key financial statements for the farm business
- Making farm financial management more efficient
- Key financial responsibility of farm businesses, including legislation & regulation requirements
- Cost Tracking and budgeting: Charles DeBourg, Agworld
A second workshop, Long-term business financial planning, will be held on Thursday 26 March, 2020 from 10:30am-4:30pm at the Balldale Recreation Ground. This workshop will include a brief recap of the first workshop plus;
- Introduction to Benchmarking: Tim Haines, Farmanco
- Financial planning and growing a business in the farming economy
- Planning for long-term debt repayment
- Going full-time farming: Corey Uebergang, Boorhaman
The Business Skills workshops are free and are open to NSW farmers aged 18-40. RSVP’s essential by Monday 16 March, 2020. While attendance at both workshops is recommended, single workshop registrations also accepted.
This project is supported by the NSW Department of Primary Industries through the Young Farmer Business Program