Are you interested in hosting a Trial or Demonstration on your Farm?
If you fulfil the following criteria then please get in touch!
Riverine Plains has a multitude of new projects coming online in the coming months and are looking for farmers who would be happy to host demonstrations or trials on their farms. These are a very valuable opportunity to try innovations in your operation with out having to full commit to a change in practices.
In order to be able host a demonstration or a trial you will need just four (4) things:
- At least 1ha that you would be willing to set aside for the purposes of a trial or demonstration
- A paddock history for the last three (3) to five (5) years
- Be happy to have one (1) or more of the following on your farm:
- Commercial products such as insecticides, herbicide, biologicals
- Genetically modified crops
- Replicated trials (area not managed by farmer)
- Demonstration trials (area managed by farmer with RP assistance)
- Sample site (minimum disruption such as soil core, biomass measure, moisture probe or simple instrument install)- maintained by RP
- Field day
- Data access (from weather stations, paddock histories, yield data etc)
- A willingness to sign a non disclosure agreement for possible commercial in confidence products. Please note that this would only be required for some trials and demonstrations
If you are able to satisfy the above credentials the Research Team would love to speak with you further. Please contact Dr Sara Hely via email or on (03) 5744 1713 to discuss opportunities which may suit you and your farming operation.