The Riverine Plains Inc In-Season update will be held at at the Yarrawonga Mulwala Golf Club Resort on Thursday 8 August 2019 from 9am – 1pm.
Topics and speakers will include:
- A global perspective: agricultural developments in Canada and USA – Dr Cassandra Schefe, Riverine Plains Inc
- Applying precision agriculture for targeted soil amelioration – Nick Ennis, Lawson Grains
- How much sulfur should be applied to canola? An economic analysis of the results from the GRDC Optimising crop nutrition in canola in the southern region of NSW project- Kate Coffey, Riverine Plains Inc
- Seasonal outlook for spring – Dale Grey, Agriculture Victoria (Via videolink)
- Snapshot of soil moisture – Jane McInnes, Riverine Plains Inc
- The long-term economics and impacts of harvest weed seed control in the southern region – James Manson, Southern Farming Systems
- Riverine Plains research update – Dr Cassandra Schefe and Jane McInnes, Riverine Plains Inc
For further information, please download the In-season update 2019 Flyer.
After lunch, a Soil Health Workshop will take place from 1.30pm – 3.30pm. Farmers are invited to discuss the importance of soil health as well as how to improve the local relevance of soil improvement research. Further information is available via the Soil Health Workshop flyer.