Riverine Plains Inc will be hosting a soil pit and weather station workshop at Rand on Thursday 8 February from 10am to 1pm.
The soil pit discussion will provide an opportunity to look at local soil characteristics, while also discussing nutrient and water movement and how this might affect nutrient requirements in 2018.
Soil Pit Discussions will focus on;
- Observations of soil characteristics
- Changes in soil chemistry over the past season
- Results from the soil moisture probes
- The impact of soil type on moisture movement
- Key climatic events affecting yield in 2017 (using on-farm weather station data)
- Nutrient movement, including where the nitrogen went last season
- Implications for 2018
The soil pit site is located at Roy Hamilton’s property, at “Bogandillan” Road, Rand. Please see the 2018 RPI Rand Soil Pit Day Flyer for directions and further information.
This event is free to attend and all are welcome.
This project event is supported by Murray Local Land Services through funding from the Australian Government’s National Landcare Program.