23 February, 2021
Word Count: 314
FREE HANDS-ON PRECISION AGRICULTURE TRAINING FOR FARMERS IN YARRAWONGA
Registrations are now open for an introductory Hands-On Precision Agriculture (PA) Training workshop on Monday 1 March in Yarrawonga.
Adrian Roles, from JMAJ Consulting, a leading PA consultant and educator from Young in New South Wales, will facilitate the Riverine Plains and the Society of Precision Agriculture Australia (SPAA) workshop funded by Grains Research and Development Corporation (GRDC).
“This free, interactive workshop will provide growers with an overview of precision agriculture, and hands-on experience with a range of PA technologies and how they can be used to improve the productivity and profitability of their farm business. It will feature case studies from local farmers and PA experts,” Mr Roles said.
“Attendees will learn how to develop a basic PA plan, assembling a PA team, and identifying the tools and technologies they either have, or will need, to successfully implement PA on their farm,” Mr Roles finished.
Workshop sessions will focus on proven technologies and practices currently in use by growers and advisors including:
- how to identify variability (yield mapping, remote sensing, soil and pH mapping, in season monitoring)
- how to identify the key causes of yield and profit variability (including acidity/alkalinity, nutrient deficiencies, weed pressure, water logging etc.)
- techniques to address yield and profit variability (variable rate, in paddock blending)
- predictive analytics (yield forecasts, input management, pest and disease forecasts)
- mobile device, tablet and computer based integrative/farm management platforms.
- case studies from local farmer Adam Inchbold and PA experts.
A second, more advanced workshop will be held later in the year and will build upon the experience gained and the data collected during the 2021 growing season.
For more information please visit the Riverine Plains Inc website at riverineplains.org.au or contact Riverine Plains, on (03) 5744 1713. Registration is essential as attendance is limited to 20 people. Register by email to Fiona Hart at email@example.com.
More Information or Interview: Fiona Hart, Chief Operating Officer, Riverine Plains (03 5744 1713)