The second meeting of the Riverine Plains Inc Irrigated Discussion Group will take place in the Corowa region on Wednesday 18 December 8:30am to 12:30pm (light lunch provided).
The group will meet at 8:30am at “Burraja Station” (Alistair Robb’s irrigated sorghum seed crop), with the session covering topics including:
- Pivot maintenance and managing wheel tracks: Paul Upton, Uptons Engineering
- Improving water use efficiency in Pivots: Paul Lavis, IK Caldwell
- Calculating pumping costs: Dennis Watson, DEDJTR
At 10.30am, the meeting will move to “Lilydale” to view the Dye family’s irrigated maize crop. Topics will include;
- Strip tillage and phosphorus placement: Rosie Dye, IK Caldwell
- Soil amelioration demonstrations: John Fowler, Murray LLS
- Soil amelioration explained: Dr Ehsan Tavakkoli, NSW DPI
Directions: Buraja Station: Meet at 1000 Filliponis Lane, Lowesdale and follow signs.
Lillydale: From Corowa, 7.7km on Riverina Hwy towards Howlong, turn north into Lillydale Rd and go 5.2km to double gate and follow signs to field day.
For more details, download the Riverine Plains Irrigation Discussion Group field walk flyer December 2019, contact Kate Coffey, Riverine Plains Irrigation Discussion Group Facilitator by email email@example.com or phone (03) 5744 1713.