A post-sowing paddock walk will be held on the 16 July 2018 from 9:30 am for growers and advisors interested in pulse production
The paddock walk will include visits to chickpea and faba bean crops near Goorambat and Devenish, Victoria. Discussions at each paddock will focus on crop establishment and early-season issues including;
• Response to sowing time, sowing rate and depth
• Plant density
• Early establishment pests and strategies
• Early crop disease identification and control strategies
• Early crop weed control strategies
• Update on market developments/opportunities for lentils, chickpeas and other pulses
Attendees do not need to have attended previous meetings or have any prior knowledge in pulse production to attend.
Please note the discussion group has recently been expanded to cover all pulse types.
For more information please download the July RPI Pulse Check discussion group flyer