The Evan Moll Gerogery Field Day will be hosted by Riverine Plains Inc on Thursday 7 November, 2019, from 11am to 4:30pm.
The day will feature:
- Inspection of the GRDC National Variety Trials (NVT) : Cereals, Peter Matthews (NSW DPI)
- Inspection of the GRDC National Variety Trials (NVT): Canola, Don McCaffery (NSW DPI)
- Update on cereal and canola grain markets, Adrian Clancy (Grain Brokers Australia) and Lachy Herbert (Riverina Oils)
- New stripe rust strains and the implications for 2020, Andrew Millgate (NSW DPI)
- Oaten hay agronomy options, Peter Matthews (NSW DPI)
- Paddock inspection of a new Seed Force winter grazing canola, David Leah (Seed Force)
- Unveiling of new dual-purpose triticale variety, Kokoda, Waratah Seed Company Limited and Sydney University
The field day will be held from 11am – 4.30pm on Thursday 7 November, commencing with a pasture agronomy session at the Leah family property, 338 Fielder Moll Road Gerogery. At 12:30pm the field day will move across the road to the Moll family property, “Elderslie”, 167 Fielder-Moll Road, Gerogery, for the cropping agronomy session, which will be preceded by a free BBQ lunch provided by Seed Forcce.