Riverine Plains Inc will be holding it’s next Pulse Check paddock walk on Monday 3 September from 9.30am to 12.30pm.
We will be first visiting John Alexander’s Faba Bean Paddock (opposite the house at 320 Devenish-Wangaratta Road (on north side of road), Bungeet West) before visiting his chickpea paddock (located near Devenish township).
We will then visit Gall’s chickpeas and lentils, located on the intersection of the Benalla-Tocumwal Rd and the St James Rd.
Discussions will include
• Paddock management strategies (for each paddock visit)
• Crop pests, disease and weeds (Bruce Larcombe, Larcombe Agronomy & Tony Kelly, Advanced Ag)
• Nitrogen fixation on acid soils and pH stratification (Helen Burns, NSW DPI, Wagga Wagga)
• Managing spring pulse logistics
• Update on market developments for lentil, chickpea and other pulses
The GRDC Southern Pulse Extension project is delivered by a consortium of organisations involved in the pulse industry across GRDC’s Southern region.
The event is free and all are welcome. Light refreshments and lunch provided.
For more information please download the RPI September Pulse Check meeting flyer.
To register your interest please contact: Michelle Pardy on 03 5744 1713, email firstname.lastname@example.org