Riverine Plains Inc will be holding it’s Spring Field Day on the 28th September at the Riverine Research Centre, an independent and dedicated crop research site located on Forges Road (off the Katamatite-Yarrawonga Road), Burramine, Victoria. Forges Road is approx 7km from the Benalla-Yarrawonga Rd/Katamatite-Yarrawonga Rd intersection (signage provided on the day).
We will be showing growers and advisors through this year’s trials and will be discussing the latest research findings and cereal agronomy issues facing grain growers this season.
The Spring Field Day will run from 9:30 am-1:30pm and will include morning tea and lunch
Speakers & Topics include:
- Crop management packages for early sown, long season wheats: including early findings from a La Trobe University project examining mid-March to mid-May sowing dates, plant populations, N timing and grazing. Michael Straight & Nick Poole, FAR Australia.
- Influence of Frost on cereals: the latest on frost risk and sowing date interactions, N timing & canopy structure Michael Straight, FAR Australia & Dr Cassandra Schefe, Riverine Plains Inc.
- Fungicide resistance in the eastern states: The current situation and what it means for crop management. Dr Fran Lopez, Centre for Crop and Disease Management
- Using NDVI to determine N rate: results from 2016 trials Dr Cassandra Schefe, Riverine Plains Inc
- What have we learnt about fertiliser practice in the region over the last 5 years? Lee Menhenett, Incitec Pivot Fertilisers
- Trial site tour: including barley agronomy (fungicide & N interaction) and N research on Corack wheat Michael Straight & Nick Poole, FAR Australia
For further information and directions, please download the RPI & FAR Spring Field Day flyer
The RRC is a partnership between Riverine Plains Inc and FAR Australia